Although being a magnetic pickup, the Sixtus resonator humbucker is said to be remarkably true to the genuine sound of the resonator guitar. The pickup has internal “poleShade magnets” to adjust the output of the b- and e-string of acoustic phosphor bronze string sets. In case desired, said shades can be adjusted; closer to the middle means more dampening. To do so, make sure the lid can be shifted freely aside also when fixed on the guitar. For electric guitar strings simply take out the pole shade magnets.
For steel body resonator guitars there is another feature: the magnetic mount. Thin neodym magnets hold the pickup in place without glueing. Please be aware that shifting the magnets could slightly scratch the lacquer. The pickups come without the embossed “Sixtus” logo. If you would like the cover with logo, please tell me. The photo shows a Michael Messer resonator guitar, for which we deliver laser branded MM pickups.
- Before fixing the pickup permanentely, I recommend to find the best sounding position first.
- Adjust the dampening first, then fix the pickup. Shifting the lid when the pickup is already fixed to the guitar bears the risk of scratching the top. Be careful.
- To mount it on the guitar, feel free to use your favourite double-sided tape or glue recommended by your luthier.
- Fix the pickup by its brass backplate; make sure the lid can be shifted. – Do not tear the pickup by the cable (!)
- The pickup is hand made; it is not an industrial product. Superficial scratches may be visible.
For administrative/bureaucratic reasons I can only process orders within the EU except Germany. I kindly ask for your understanding.