Although being a magnetic pickup, this flat humbucker is said to be remarkably true to the genuine sound of the resonator guitar. The new setup has increased to 7000 turns of wire in order to raise the output.
The pickup has internal "poleShade magnets" to adjust the output of the b- and e-string of acoustic phosphor bronze string sets. In case desired, said shades can be adjusted; closer to the middle means more dampening. To do so, make sure the lid can be shifted freely aside also when fixed on the guitar. For electric guitar strings simply take out the pole shade magnets.
For steel body resonator guitars there is another feature: the magnetic mount. Thin neodym magnets hold the pickup in place without glueing. Please be aware that shifting the magnets could slightly scratch the lacquer.
The pickups come without the embossed "Sixtus" logo. If you would like the cover with logo, please tell me. The photo shows a Michael Messer resonator guitar, for which we deliver laser branded MM pickups. Those pickups are also available at Michael Messer's site: https://michaelmesser.co.uk/mm-pickups
- Before fixing the pickup permanentely, I recommend to find the best sounding position first.
- Adjust the dampening first, then fix the pickup. Shifting the lid when the pickup is already fixed to the guitar bears the risk of scratching the top. Be careful.
- To mount it on the guitar, feel free to use your favourite double-sided tape or glue recommended by your luthier.
- Fix the pickup by its brass backplate; make sure the lid can be shifted.
- Do not tear the pickup by the cable (!)
- The pickup is hand made; it is not an industrial product. Superficial scratches may be visible.
- Aus administrativen Gründen kein Versand nach Deutschland.
*** The pickups are made with joy in spare-time. Please consider the limited availablity. ***
Sixtus "Classic" Resonator pickup
- 65mm x 41mm
- height 6mm
- humbucking coils, 7.5kOhm
- shielded connection cable length 45cm / 13"
- nickelsilver or brass cover (might show superficial scratches!),
- optional magnetic mount for steel body guitars
- no connection jack included
Please note: This product is handmade, not industrially slick!
All pickups are tested before leaving. Please check the pickup before mounting it. If it doesn't work as you expect it, you can send it back and I will refund the money.
Please consider: This is a handmade product, hence the moderate pricing. If your are not satisfied, I'm sure we can find a solution.
If it stops working during a period of three (3) years from the date of delivery, you can return it to me and I return the money you paid for it, except the pickup broke due to improper use, e.g. by tearing out the connection wires.